Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Wild Irish Rose


Let me tell you a tale of old

a-fore when I

Was a rambling and a roaming then

Upon the heather way,

I was a searching for my one true love

To charm for ever and a day.


Where could I but find her

Those illusive flowing locks of raven hair,

A soft rosey cheek complexion

Of a tender skin so fair

For the brave to be a having.. but ne're do or dare.


But, I dreamt of her so

For I thought she would bear me up above

On angels wings

To a land of sadness never seen.

Well.. one evening I thought I had but spied her

A running wildly through the glen,

Her eyes all alight as diamonds

Her garment a-blowing in the wind

Then, the mist but up and shrouded her, afar,

fleeing from me then.


As the moonlight painted shadows

flickered 'neath the sighing tree

Eerie in luminous floating mist,

I struggled through the grasping bracken

Fearing of rocks below all dark and hallowed

Her footstep not to miss.


The fog did but lift as the clouds scudded by the moon

I saw the face of an angel glowing

tipped up toward the sky to croon

Not a moment too soon,

I discovered perfection delight

Casting a most wondrous silhouette

I gazed transfixed in that light,

Never had I been a feared

In the still of that vivid night.


My breath I now held and was about to cry out,

When the mist blew there across my sight

And I stumbled sharp and fell.

The moon smiled at my folly, as it sailed on it's way

For ne'er then could I find her once more

For be-sure, she vanished without trace

And I am but left,

with my story to tell

Of the sweetest touch of amazing grace.

My wild Irish Rose.

No comments: